Victoria University (Australia)
JOINT PROGRAM BETWEEN HANOI UNIVERSITY (VIETNAM) AND VICTORIA UNIVERSITY (AUSTRALIA)
Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Master of TESOL)
(Decision 663/QD-BGDDT dated on 21 February 2013)
– Applicants must have a recognized bachelor degree of full time/in-service/distance/ second-degree training.
– Applicants must have a recognized degree in appropriate disciplines and must attend an interview with the course coordinator or nominee.
– Admission: No examination requirement for those who have HANU Test or IELTS certificate (Minimum test score of 6.5 overall, and with no band less than 6.0). The date of the English language test results must be no more than 2 years from the date of application submission.
– Examination: HANU Test, organized by Hanoi University. Minimum test score of 6.0 overall with no band less than 6.0.
Note: Candidates who have a minimum test score of 6.0 overall with band scores between 4.0 and 6.0 are accepted but they have to participate in the retake exam for the scores under 6.0 before completing the post-graduate course.
Course structure: 18 months, divided into 02 phases:
– Phase 1 (5-7 months): Students take 6 specialized units under the English post graduate program of Hanoi University.
– Phase 2 (1 year): Students take 3 units under the training program of Victoria University.
Teaching language: English
Teaching faculty: Lecturers of Hanoi University and Victoria University.
Training scale: Hanoi University will deploy continuous recruitment with no limitation with respect to the number of enrollers in a cohort.
Training location: Hanoi University (Km 9 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi)
Qualification: Master of teaching English to speakers of other languages (Master of TESOL) awarded by Victoria University, Australia.
Tuition fee: Tuition fee is VND 18,000,000 per student in phase 1 and VND 126,000,000 per student in phase 2. The tuition fee shall be subject to change by Hanoi University.
HANU – VU Office
Room 217 – Building A – Hanoi University