Founded in 1959, the Chinese Studies Department has been an institute of the Chinese Studies delivery for full-time and non-full-time students at two areas: interpreting-translation and Chinese pedagogy.
– All lecturers hold the master or doctor degrees of the Chinese Studies or other relevant areas;
– The lecturers always apply advanced technologies into teaching; some of the manually participate in intensive training courses in China; others have articles printed on national and international scientific materials.
– Almost 1,000 to 1,200 students graduate from different programs, such as full-time course, working course, or 2+2 programs;
– Students are dynamic at different activities:
+ Funs at learning Chinese, Chinese Culture Festival Week, Spring Festival, Cooking contest, Camping, and Exchanges in China;
+ Annual speaking contests such as Chinese Bridging Contest, Talent Finding, etc.
+ Interpreters at friendship exchanges between Vietnamese and Chinese young people;
+ Students are awarded prizes for University- or Ministry-level scientific research projects, or first or second prizes at the Chinese Bridging Contest or Talent Finding, etc.
– Students have chances to receive:
+ Financial support scholarships from domestic or international organizations;
+ Scholarships for short courses or bachelor/Master programs granted by the Chinese Government or Taiwanese Businessmen Association infamous universities.
– The Department has implemented exchange programs with many prestigious universities, aiming to exchange faculty staffs, students, seek scholarships, hold international seminars, compose curricula or course programs;
– The Department also supports relevant procedures to send students to China taking 0+4, 1+3, 1+4, or 2+2 courses of economics, commerce, diplomacy, tourism.
– Graduate students can work as:
+ Lecturers or teachers of Chinese + Interpreter/Translator + Researchers of Chinese Language and Culture
– Possible employers of graduate students:
+ Universities/Colleges or high schools that teach the Chinese Language
+ Ministries or organizations of different areas
+ Televisions, newsagents, etc.
+ Institutes of Chinese Studies
+ Representative offices of companies, groups from Vietnam, China, or Singapore Training duration: 4 years
With an aim to promote its strengths of 50 years’ foreign languages training, Hanoi University reaches a new height of international integration, consolidates its solid platform in the national education system, gradually enhances teaching and learning qualities of different programs delivered in foreign languages, and becomes a high ranking University in the region and the world.