The Foundation Studies Department was founded in August 2005 with an aim of providing English training courses to Hanoi University’s students before their major courses delivered in English only; such major include Business Administration, Tourism Management, Finance-Banking, Accounting, International Studies, and Information Technology.
Strengths of the program:
– The program is designed to be appropriate with students of six majors to be delivered in the English language only;
– Curricula and pedagogical methodologies have been updated;
– A variety of curricula are useful with students of different English levels and appropriate with the programs’ purposes;
– Lecturers are experienced at the English language teaching;
– There is a technological application in the English teaching;
– Students are trained with skills of performing well at the IELTS test;
– The IELTS – format test is applied at evaluating students’ English ability before they are allowed to take major courses.
– The Department has more than 60 faculty staffs and lecturers; the majority of them received education at Master of Doctor levels in countries of advanced education systems, such as UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand;
– All staffs are dynamic, creative, open to students and committed to their pedagogical career.
– The Department has almost 700 students per year;
– Students join a variety of activities, such as:
+ FSD’s Got Talent;
+ Cultural Exchange with International Experts;
+ Theme Talk on “Tour Guide Job” with experienced guests;
+ Tour volunteer activities for foreign visitors;
+ Football competitions in HANU (with high achievements).
The Foundation Studies Department has striving at improving its training quality, joining different international relations such as cooperating with REI (USA) at providing training courses to its lecturers. Besides, the Department teaches English and IELTS skills to international students from Mongolia, China, Korea, Ukraine, Malaysia, etc.
Office 207 – Building C, Hanoi University
Km 9Nguyen Trai Road, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi, Vietnam.